Thursday, March 31, 2016

‘Shiranthi ruined my children’s future by sending them behind money’

‘Shiranthi ruined my children’s future by sending them behind money’ Mar 30, 2016
“I always told Shiranthi not to send the children behind money too much. When I was young, I did have five cents in my hands. I had a very hard life. That helped me to become the president at the age of 60. People want money. But, greed for money should have a limit. Small ones do not understand that. They are closer to the mother than me. See, what has happened in the end,” ex-president Mahinda Rajapaksa has told a very close friend of his while contemplating about what has happened in the past.

That contemplation was very personal, but we decided to publish it as we believe that it could teach a lesson for all.
“When youths get too much of money, they become completely mad. They don’t know what they do. They get deceived. When the mother encourages them, they become madder. Now, it is pointless to repent or go to Devales. Truly, I do not wish to do politics again. What I want to do is to get my children saved. If the president gives me an assurance on that, I will retire from politics. From what I hear, Namal too, will be taken within days. So far, only Rohitha is without any accusation. The children are safe at least to this extent due to the people’s loyalty to me,” the former president said.
As the last presidential election had been nearing, the then defence secretary Gotabhaya Rajapaksa had sent for Namal and asked him pointblank, “What’s wrong with you all? Why are you behaving like this? Do you want to spend the rest of your life in prison after losing power?” Namal had not replied, but kept on chatting via his phone with a smile. Understanding that Namal was not heeding his advice, Gotabhaya had sent him away. Later, he had related the incident to Mahinda with grave pain in mind.
The ex-president is contemplating all these now as he believes that very soon, another misfortune will befall his children.